I’m writing a book for a guy in Malaysia right now about getting backlinks for your site. One that I was looking into was creating cartoons to draw traffic to your site. While exploring sites that allow you to create those cartons I stumbled on one that is great for ESL classes.
The name of the site is Make Belief Comix and I wish I would’ve known about it when I was teaching ESL. Here’s a look at the cartoon I was able to make in less than 10 minutes:
- Multiple characters;
- Thought and conversation bubbles;
- Background colors;
- Story titles.
That’s a lot of great stuff, and if you have a one-one-one ESL student you can probably make one right on the computer. If you don’t you can go to the site and make up cartoon templates.
Here’s one that I made real quick:
- If you make a dozen templates you can easily print one in a rush before class;
- Students have fun doing this in pairs or small groups, giving you a rest;
- It’s great for presenting to parents and can take about 3 minutes each group;
- You have something that shows writing, teamwork, creativity, spelling, and grammar.
What’s not to like? Check out this great ESL cartoon creator site today to make your ESL classes more fun!
Also check out these other great articles on ESL Cartoons.